Happy new year! I had a great time celebrating welcoming New Year in Vietnam and I hope you enjoyed yours too!
I am geared to start 2015 anew with fresh ideas and new changes. Remember how I talk about realisation and enlightenment I receive during an inspirational AWE weekend last November, it has help me to shape my ideas and what I want to achieve for this year.
Resolutions for the year
First, I always like to start with my new resolutions for the year, these are the things I want to achieve in 2015.
1) Not to fall/ fracture/ sprain both my ankles – I hope I have repay back my life time of fall/ fracture and sprains last year. Speaking of that, I accidentally sprain my left (stronger) ankle while I was coming down from a step in Vinh Long, Vietnam on the second day of this year. I have no idea what is wrong with me. Thankfully it was just a minor one which I instantly bounced back after resting for a few minutes. Sigh~ I just have to be more mindful. Enough is enough.
2) Take up Spanish class – Why Spanish? It is the 3rd widest used language in the world after Mandarin Chinese and English respectively. Since I already know the top two, it is time to learn the third language and I am sure it will open my doors to more travelling adventures.
3) Save SGD$12,000 by the end of the year – Yes, with proper financial planning, I am confident I will be able to achieve that.
4) Cut down my time spent on time-consuming dramas (maximum of 8 sets of dramas a year) – I realise how my life is sucked up by dramas in 2014 but you cannot blame me because I spent close to 7 weeks at home nursing my fractured and sprained ankle. However I am sure my time will be better utilised and more productive if I am going to cut them out from my life.
5) Complete reading 20 books in 2015 – Did not fulfil this target in 2014, I am going to try again this year. I should stop reading 900-pages book which does not interest me instead of pressing on.
6) Run a full marathon – After procrastinating for many years, afraid of taking up the challenge, I decided it is time to make the mark! Get it down my book of history once and for all!
Change is going to be the theme of the year. After an uneventful and unproductive 2014, it is time to shake up and bring changes into my life.
Change is the only thing that’s constant – Heraclitus
As I am writing this, I receive news of the first change of the year. It also kind of make me ponder and hesitate on some of my plans going forward. Oh well… We just got to be flexible and adaptable as we move along in life.
Changes can be scary, it can be exciting too. We can never get too complacent with life can we? With all the ideas and plans, it is not just 纸上谈兵 (meaning: discuss on war strategy on paper; having all talk but no action). It is time to take those ideas and turn them into actionable plans. It is going to be a challenging year but I am more than ready to take it on.
I am going to alter my plans along the way. Instead of taking a giant leap into the unknown, I have decided to remain status quo while I work on a couple of weekend projects and continue to manage this site. There are big plans for one of the weekend project which I will announce in due time. I am not sure where it will lead me (us) to but it is gonna be fun!
In terms of travelling plans for the year, with the upcoming changes, I have no idea where and when and how long can I go on to discover the world. My wanderlust list is expanding quick but not my leaves nor my duration of leaves. We shall see. One thing for sure, I will keep my promise of at least one solo trip per year.
2015 is a year to keep my mind and options open. I may have to take the giant leap if I have to but in the mean time, I will continue to build whatever I need from where I am because I believe it will help me lay down my foundations right. A part of me is not giving up the dream easily.
I am feeling good about this year. I believe this is going to be a year to accomplish some great outcome. I am ready!
What about you? Have you set your resolutions for the year?
I guess I am surprised that you need to set “not spraining ankle” as a resolution. Have you been that unfortunate for a few years continuously or just 2014? Gosh, do take good care of yourself.
Hey Lok, I know! I rather be safe than sorry and the falling, fracturing and spraining all occurs in 2014 so just gonna be more cautious about that!
So many changes, girl! So many new things. Good luck with everything. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :*
Thanks Agness! Hope you have an awesome year too! 😀
[…] Reviewing Change 2015 […]